As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
• Passionate about building an innovative culture
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase currently support more than 32 million active customers; 9 million customers interact with us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US. Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Digital IT team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to establish the best Digital banking customer experience in the industry.
Skill Set Required:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Java, SOAP and Rest services
- Solid application design, coding, Experience on Java 8/J2EE distributed application development, REST
- Experience in designing complex interactions between the client UIs and middleware systems using object-oriented design patterns, Spring framework, core java api’s, Spring batches;
- Experience in following java coding standards and Knowledge of tools including SVN, Maven and Jira;
- Demonstrated experience with Java performance tuning to identify and optimize code, experience in multi-threaded concurrent programming and databases including DB2;
- Experience in XML and Service Oriented Architecture; and Experience in designing and implementing Restful webservices, unix jobs, writing stored procedures and testing the existing application using Junit.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as development, maintenance and software improvement
- A college degree or equivalent experience
- Should possess very good Analytical skills
- Familiarity with Automation scripts, Jenkins
- Familiarity with JIRA and HP Service Management
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Collaborative decision-making and good judgment
- Strong time, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to operated comfortably in a multi-task / multi priority environment across a global team
- Experience with client server environments
- Knowledge of Agile Application Development concepts
- Familiar with modern technology and architecture (cloud, virtualization, object stores, etc.)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Apply for this JOb
|Job Category||software Engineer|