Description of the Role:
We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain new video software algorithms using the latest codecs for enhancing and optimizing our content video encoding/transcoding service
Python Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- Coordinating with development teams to determine application requirements.
- Writing scalable code using Python programming language.
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Developing back-end components.
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Coordinating with front-end developers.
- Reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality.
- Developing digital tools to monitor online traffic.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Django, Flask, etc)
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc)
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
Apply for this job
|Job Category||software Engineer|