We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What We’re Looking For
You will be responsible for producing product documentation per documentation plan, process, and standards. Your leadership, project management, and problem solving skills become more central to the role. Spends a majority of time leading a team, project, or critical initiative. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires review of a variety of factors and often times collaborating, interacting, and communicating with team members within and outside of the department.
Role & Responsibilities –
- Perform various levels of writing and editing, including crafting original copy, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading
- Produce UI content for a variety of audiences, from end-user to highly technical
- Produce content for products, wireframes, storyboards, detailed specifications, and other assets with guidance from an editorial lead
- Attentive to detail – style, terminology, voice and tone
- Able to iterate rapidly and create multiple solutions
- Documents plans to align with engineering sprints and product release schedules. The plan requires little, if any, review by Managers/more senior Technical Writers.
- Research — participates in requirements review to ensure a thorough understanding of each technology/component/release.
- Reads and assimilates information from other Citrix documentation such as technical specifications.
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, beyond general instructions on new assignments.
- Provides feedback to other authors regarding content.
- Performs work relatively independently, attending meetings, proposing plans and schedules, and gathering information.
- Expansion of professional contacts to those outside of Product Documentation (e.g., Developers, Test, etc.), and deeper understanding of Citrix technologies, and overall socialization of the editing process.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to adhere to agreed schedules.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing desktop software, web applications, and/or mobile apps
- Familiar with platform standards for UI text, best practices for collaborative writing and editing, and user-centered design and development processes
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to adhere to agreed upon schedules.
- Domain specialist using tools needed in the role.
- Solid grasp of writing and communication standard methodologies (e.g., task-based authoring, structured authoring, chunking information, writing for reuse, etc.).
- Solid and repeatable understanding of project planning in an Agile environment as well as consistency to processes and guidelines.
- Proactively identifies and solves problems, improves personal skills, and assists team members
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years technical writing experience.
- Aptitude or experience in information development/writing in Enterprise IT, server virtualization or related fields. (Linux / Windows OS / C Programming / Kernel)
What You’re Looking For
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
- Computer Networking
- Computer Software
Apply for this Job
|Job Category||software Engineer|