Please mention “Can Join Immediately” in subject line when you email your CV – Thanks
Cloud DevOps Engineer Expert Level (AWS)
Wipro are searching for talented resources to join an existing customer project within a major client to support the creation and delivery of Public Cloud services.
The objective of this project is to develop the public cloud platform to the next level of functionality, scalability, reliability and to improve the integration with the Customer’s existing systems, processes and services. This will be done by implementing new capabilities according to the customer’s global roadmap (taking in consideration both business needs and technical constraints) and by extending the current infrastructure services to other locations using a fully automated approach.
Integrated monitoring, proactive alerting and native integration with the Customer’s incident management processes are part of the daily activities as well as exposing APIs for the developed services via the customer’s strategic hybrid cloud platform in order to deliver standardised hybrid cloud solutions to multiple internal business lines.
- Evolve current Landing Zone Concepts and basic infrastructure services by introducing Pre-defined ‘Infrastructure as a code’ templates to launch complete environments.
- Implement platform features specified in User Stories complying with quality standards specified by the Customer IT Architect
- Definition and organization of testing activities, writing test case scenarios and scripts for automating testing, preparation of status reports of testing activities
- Ensure use of best practices/well architected review of applications and code. Review of peer’s code in line with best practices
- Leveraging IaC tools such as Terraform and cloud native build templates and code.
- Hybrid cloud integration
- Leverage customer’s CI/CD pipelines to automated builds and deployments
We are looking for Professionals with 8-12 years’ experience with the following capabilities:
- Possesses deep industry knowledge.
- Able to create and elaborate as-is solutions as well as address business & functional requirements of very high complexity.
- Write use cases / user stories, designs document, acceptance scenarios, test cases.
- Able to perform gap and cost-benefit analysis of business requirement to existing implementation.
- Able to create low level designs to meet architectural standards and high-level design concepts for IT infrastructure platforms
- Solid full stack development experience, comfortable with trunk-based development and the creation of services definition through code.
- Knowledge of new technology standards, such as cloud computing, hybrid cloud, immutable infrastructure, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code.
- Knowledge and capabilities to design projects enabling the DevOps implementation
- Experienced in agile code development working within SCRUM team
Specific mandatory skills
Minimum level in this subject
AWS Foundational Services
All following services are used and need to be understood. Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, VPC peering, VPNs, ASGs, AZs, ELB, internet connectivity, CIDR, Public/private Subnets, NACLs, SG’s, NAT, IAM Roles, Service Control Policies, Lambda, Cloudfront, Private Link, Cloudwatch.
How to setup these quickly via IaC
3-4 years experience
Need to understand basic application architecture stacks and how these are delivered through the foundational AWS services mentioned.
Can build requested architecture stacks using AWS components.
Python, Bash, etc.
Need to understand how to create scripts to achieve small tasks that cannot be handled by bigger tools
Need to be able to write Azure functions to carry out simple tasks using Azure services, such as check and report on status of services.
Linux / Windows Admin
Install Operating Systems, install application services, automation of tasks (Ansible / Chef)
Capable of building services (across many target machines)
Diagnosing problems with running services
Coding in CICD environment, use of Github, Jenkins, Azure DevOps.
Employing best practices on code structuring (trunk-based development), code management and documentation, Jira/Confluence.
Must be used to developing and maintaining code that forms part of standardised services.
Must be able to create new Jenkins pipelines as required.
Cloudformation and Terraform
Need to be competent in coding Infrastructure stack deployments in these.
Need to understand differences between them, which is preferable for given scenario.
- Sprint velocity with SCRUM team
- Average Time to Market (for new requirements)
- Code quality
- Wasted effort and rework due to bugs
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Apply for this Job
|Job Category||software Engineer|