Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow.
Technology/Role/Department at Morgan Stanley
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market-leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex and dynamic financial markets. We have a large number of award winning technology platforms that help to propel our Firm’s businesses to be the top in the market. Our India technology teams are based in Mumbai and Bengaluru. We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on developer to join the Firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the SDLC within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by 12,000+ developers in the Firm for software development and deployment.
The candidate will be working with a global team of experts on modernizing the Firm’s SDLC platform to enable deployment automation to private and public cloud endpoints and SaaS-based tooling.
This role affords the opportunity to get in on the ground floor to help build the next-generation of development and deployment tooling across a diverse set of tech stacks for the next decade.
Prior experience in the financial industry is not required; candidates from software companies are welcome.
- Hands-on development experience in Python. Additional experience with Java, C#, or Typescript would be an asset
- Highly technical and passionate about SDLC tooling and processes
- Familiar with the tools of the trade experience working with multiple SCM systems, code review systems, issue tracking tools, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs
- Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project in an agile, globally-distributed environment
- Interested in getting to bottom of things – to understand how they work and why
- Prior experience developing tools for build automation, version control (Bitbucket, Github), issue tracking (Jira), continuous integration (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Github Actions), automated testing, or deployment automation
- Deployment orchestration experience using Terraform, Ansible or other related technologies.
- Experience integrating development and deployment tools with Azure or AWS.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes to realize large-scale software distribution
- System administration experience on Linux or Windows
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to
Mar 15, 2021
Refer to Position Description
Apply for thsi job
|Job Category||software Engineer|